PASSION PROJECTS

This is my very first passion project and i’m very exited to show it too you!

What do you intend to create? I’m making a wooden jewelry holder.  I want to create a jewelry holder because it will be handy for my jewelry and I love to make stuff for my room.

What technology’s are you planning to use/learn about? I am planning on using the internet to help me do some research. I will use you tube for videos on how to make a jewelry holder, I will also look at instagram for examples of design to inspire me. I will have to ask my older brother to help me with learning how to cut timber with a saw, how to use the drill and clamps to hold it together when the glue is setting.

Who is your project targeted at? Me, depending how much i’m enjoying it I might make a little business out of it, then i would target teenage girls.

What are you looking forward too? I’m looking forward to creating a really cool design and showing it to the world.

UPDATE 2

What have you achieved so far? 

This weekend i have gone around looking for the right stuff i needed, and thankfully got everything.

What type of learning have you done to upskill yourself?

i learnt the it was going to be pretty tricky making this jewelry holder because you have to do lots of handy man work, and i learnt how to cut copper/meddle.

What successes or challenges have you experienced so far? What is the next step for you

i found finding copper and copper T’s is pretty hard because you have to make sure the T’s are the perfect size and i had to go to a few places to find the copper. The success i have amde is that i now know how how to drill in the copper into the wood and how to cut copper too , even though i haven’t made it yet.

Here’s the supplies,

1/2 meter copper pole                                                                                                                                                                                               Two copper T’s                                                                                                                                                                                                             white paint (to paint the wood block)                                                                                                                                                             paint brush                                                                                                                                                                                                                     wood block                                                                                                                                                                                                                     copper glue                                                                                                                                                                                                                     screw driver.