For the past term I have been working on my Passion Project. And as I have been saying, I created a short film/montage of Noosa (where I went on my holiday).
I am pretty proud of the shots that I got, and achieved what I had originally set out to do. The finished product has come out mostly the way that I planned.
The whole experience was a success like the editing, the shooting, the planning, the lighting, the equipment supply, ect. The only challenge that I faced during the process was that THERE WAS NO SURF. No surf means no waves, no waves means no surfboards, no surfboards means no good surfing shots, but I’m not complaining. The weather was perfect all the time, it was amazing.
If I were to continue this project, I would probably learn more about different editing programs to use, or just editing in general. I could also learn more about the different angles for shots, when to use slow-mo, things like that.
Here are a few photos from Noosa:
For the past few RVE sessions we have been focusing on one country of our choice. I chose Costa Rica, as shown above. We were challenged to complete a double-page spread about the countries social behaviours, religion, flag meaning and customs.
Costa Rica has some differences from Australia…
- Just before New Year’s eve they have a “Festival Of Lights” held in San Jose; featuring parades with tropical floats, fireworks, clowns, cartoon characters and goblins all in one great big street carnival! In Australia we don’t have many annual festivals.
- They speak a different language, Spanish
- In Costa Rica their most common religion in Roman Catholic (76.8%), and in Australia our most common religion is Catholic (25.8%) Here is the Costa Rican religion chart:
There are also some similarities between the two countries…
- Both countries don’t have a staple food, we eat anything really
- In both of our flags we have red, white and blue
- Both countries wear casual clothes
- Both countries celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve
If I lived in Costa Rica I would really look forward to Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Christmas because there would be lanterns lighting up everything, it would be so pretty. And New Year’s Eve because I would love to be a part of the Festival of Lights!