May 24

micro worlds

introduction 

today we started our unit on micro world. micro world is an app that teaches you to make shapes. you make shapes using special commands and when you do these special commands a little turtle moves you can make the turtle go forward, backward, turn left how many degrease you like, turn right how many degrease you like, draw with commands and so much more.

first challenge 

can you make a symmetrical trapezium?

making a symmetrical trapezium wasn’t very hard because I played with micro worlds last year so I had a head start. I found out that every individual  angles should add up to 180 degrease so it was easy after that to figure out the angles. below is my trapezium at the top there are tow obtuse angles at the bottom there are two acute angles.

this is my program for the trapezium 

second challenge 

can you make a parallelogram?

making a parallelogram was not very hard because in math we measured the angles of parallelogram so I had a bit of a head start. I found out that if you turned my parallelogram on it’s side it looks like an rhombus.

this is my program for my parallelogram 

third challenge 

can you make a rhombus?

this was the hardest challenge yet it took a lot of trial and fail but every time I was thinking about the internal angle as well as the external angle. because I know every angle should add up to 180 degrease I could estimate the internal angle than get a rough Idea of the external angle than from there I could guess the angles.

this is my program for my rhombus  

forth challenge 

can you make a kite?

in this challenge we had to make a kite. again this took a lot of trial and fail with the angles. in this challenge I learnt that the kite that I made the top two sides are the same length and the bottom sides are the same. I also noticed that the top sides are a third of the length of the bottom sides.

this is the program I used

this is my kite

fifth challenge part one 

using x and y to make a square 

today we had to make a square using x and y and quadrants to make a square. this was the hardest challenge yet. this challenge took me about thirty minutes. in this challenge I learnt that x goes before y and the quadrants are divided into x, -x, y and -y.

this is the program I used

the square 

fifth challenge part two 

can you make a square that’s not in the middle of the screen using x and y?

in this challenge I had to make a square that’s not in the middle of the screen using x and y. this was not very hard and it only took me ten minutes. in this challenge I learnt that if I don’t start I have to add to one number and subtract from the other number.

this is the program I used

this is my square 

fifth challenge part three

can you make four quadrilaterals in four different quadrants? 

in this challenge I had to make four quadrilaterals in four different quadrants. this was the hardest challenge I have ever done. this challenge took me about an hour and it took a lot of thinking and reflecting on what I learnt so it could help me get the challenge done. in this challenge I learnt to use what I have already found out and use that to my advantage.

this is my program for the quads in quadrants challenge

this is the four quadrilaterals in the different quadrants

challenge six 

challenge seven 

challenge 8 

challenge 9

challenge 1o

challenge 11

challenge 12

challenge 13

Posted May 24, 2018 by Lucas Gray in category Uncategorized