Cherry

Hi guys, this is my story that I wrote with Olympia. The task was to take an ordinary object and turn it into something extraordinary. Our story was on a cherry. Hope you guys like it

Cherry Story

‘Cherry. Right there in front of me, right there, right there on my plate, right there staring me down. I can’t possibly eat THAT! Well I could, but there is so much that could go wrong eating that thing! Well, it all started when we moved. I used to live in Canberra, with no cherries, no fun, no colour and that’s why mum wanted us to move to somewhere tropical. Now we live on a cherry farm, in central Queensland. There are cherries, everywhere I look, and now mum is trying to get me to eat one! I’m not the kind of person to eat just any old thing, imagine if your mum told you to eat a worm! YUCK! Well that’s exactly what I am going through, maybe even worse, yeah it’s much worse than a worm, actually I think it’s the worst possible thing you could be asked to eat. What if I eat it and my teeth turn red and I can’t turn them back! People will think I’m a vampire or something! Or what happens when I get to the pip, how am I supposed to know what to do? Do I spit it, swallow it? Ill choke! But then again at least I won’t have to eat another one. I look down at it, right there in front of me, right on my plate, right there, right there, right there staring me down. I hear mum telling me to eat my food and that it won’t hurt me. I think to myself, OF COURSE IT WILL HURT ME!! Ok, I must eat it, otherwise I’ll never leave the dinner table. I pick up my fork and lower my arm, it gets closer and closer to the horrid beast, the shiny surface disgusts me! My fork touches the sponge like surface and punctures the skin, I push harder but I hit the pip. I try to pick it up but it slips off time and time again. I have to eat it with my FINGERS! I can’t possibly eat it with my fingers! I have to go to Grandmothers 80th tomorrow and if I turn up with blood red fingers she’ll think I’ve been murdering someone. Ok I need to find a towel or at least something to pick it up with. Mum must be reading my mind when she passes me a serviette. I wrap my fingers with the serviette and know that I have to hurry up. I plunge my hand onto my plate and grab the cherry. I can’t hesitate anymore! I slip the cherry into my mouth. Yum.