This is my prediction for my spinner. 3/10 spins will land on the blank because there are 3 out of 8 blank areas, and half of 10 is 5, which is close to 3. There is more chance of landing on orange because it has a bigger area and takes up 5/8 areas. There is a higher possibility of landing on orange.
Out of 40 times 23 times it landed on yellow which is more than 50% of spins and the yellow had the most chance of all of them.
10/40 spins landed on purple that is the colour with the least chance.
This is a fair spinner, because they are all similar in size. I would predict they would have similar chance and I would put them evenly spaced.
This is a explaining the program.
Today we were working on ore robots and we all made sensor that go’s on the front of the EV3 robot.
That is what the colour sensor looks like.
The aim of the sensor is to detect a colour or a line to stop or go on. mine worked because it stopped on the colour.
This is a little video of mine working.
That was the colour that I program my robot to stop at. It was successful in getting to the red shape but I thought it was also programmed to come back to the centre of the table which didn’t happen.
robotics week 2
So this week we all had to figure out how to complete a challenge mat. The challenge mat is some boards with a black line that the robot ev3 had to sense with a colour sensor as it moved around the board.
This video shows the ev3 working successfully and making it to the end of the mat. But the programme sometimes wasn’t right so I had to adjust parts of the programme like speed and direction. If the robot was not fast enough it would not make it up and over the speed bump or the sensor would not sense the colour and go off course. So these are some parts of the programme that needed to be fixed.
The task for today was to get our machine working so our group kond do the task and our task is to ring a bell.
The marble go’s down the seesaw and up the ramp that Leeds to a lever that hits a marble and the marble go’s to a tube and then go’s to a pulley and rings a bell.
That is the seesaw.
This is a short video of my machine.
This weeks robotics challenge was to get the robot to go around a square, because you had to measure the distance so the robot will go around the square. when you are measuring to work out the distance for the programme you manually push the robot the length of one ruler and count the wheel rotations so you know how many to put in your programme. As all the measurements of the square are the same you can use this first number of rotations as your measurement for all sides adding the 90 degree instruction for the robot to turn the corner
This was the square that we went around.
When I did the measurement I calculated 2 rotations for the robot to get to the end but this was not enough when I actually tried it with the robot programmed as the robot didn’t make it to the end and turned too early cutting across the square as you see in the video.
On Friday the 26/5/2017.
On Friday we did microworlds. microworlds is a website that you can make shapes with but you have to program the turtle with commands for it to do something. Some of the commands are FD, BK, LF, RT,PD and numbers on the end of them so the turtle knows our much turn it has to do and the direction eg left right forward back and how far to go.
The commands are fed into the computer and entered one at a time so you are directing the turtle to make the shape you want. The aim of this programme was to make quadrilateral shapes a four sided shape.
A simple machine is a machine that can do a task like a job. We built a K’NEX machine that could do a simple task and then we had to see how it worked.
On Tuesday I worked with Josh W and Nic, we were given instructions to create a paddle boat from K’NEX pieces. It was difficult following the instructions because it was a picture of a completed bit of the boat not step by step instructions. At the end we got the boat finished and had to see if it would work.
The moving part of the boat was made up of a rubber band with 2 wheels and an axle going through the wheels. When we turned the wheels one way it made the rubber band twist around the axle and then we let it go and as the rubber band undid it made the wheels spin around.
On Friday we worked with another simple machine, Pulleys. I was working in a group to make a pulley with string , wire, plastic cups, marbles and a small reel. We threaded the string through the reel then attached the cups to each end and the marbles went in the cups to act as weights so they would move up and down. The wire went around the reel so it could hang from a door handle. then the pulley could move without us holding the top.