In design we looked at how the human nervous system is similar to our Ev3 robot. I think it is similar because our brain tells us what to move and the Ev3 brick tells the motor when and how to move. We also can think of our actions like pseudocode just like our robot. For example the rim is there to hold up the tyre and so it doesn’t flop. Next we had to answer this question.How is the human nervous system similar to our EV3 robot? Well to be able to take one step we have to send a message from our brains to the body part we want to move. For example we would have to start by bending your right leg so it makes a 90* then left the right foot up 10 centimeters. Then extend the right leg. Then drop foot 10 centimeters. that is how I expand how to step.
we have been programming robots in design. as you can see in the photo this is our program that does not work because it is just out by about 1/2 a rotation so if ted oisi Lewis and me can just get the rotations right.
- why does is matter if you Change the well size?
- seems though the well is bigger it will travel a further distance.
- what can you tell me about the effect of the battery level?
- because if the battery is low not as much power is moving the axles
- what dose it mean if you are using rotations to measure your movements?
- one rotation is just say you were facing a tree and then you jump 360 degrees that would be one rotation.
- what does it mean if you using degrees to measure your movements?
- Say 360 is one full degree and 180 is half a degree.
- did you guess and check a lot?
- yes we tried to guess the rotation a lot like we would move the robot 1m and as we were doing that we were counting the rotations but we got 5 and then we guessed the rest but it was not over 6.
- does it matter if you change the speed?
- yes if you have the speed at 100 it will suck up the battery. but 50 is about the perfect speed.
Today in design we had our first robotics session. My group is Lewis Oisi . First we watched a power point what was made on pow tons by Mr. Colbert what was telling what to do today. So we made a robot it was very hard to get the exact small pieces. we hat to finish the robot so next session we can program
Istarted my holiday off by flying in to Alice Springs then I jumped in to the car an headed to devils marbles when we got there we went to find a spot to camp for the night we went to the camp ground to see if the could stay but it as very crowded so we drove down the rode and we found a track so we went down it and then we found the perfect camp spot. And there was no one else there so we set up and then we got out the Cain saw we went to cut some fire wood so we could cep warm. I woke up the next morning and We went to Newcastle waters station when we got there we got camp reday and then we went to the cattel yards to woch them brake in the houres. and then we went to bed the next day we went to lake argyle we set up camp and then we went to the pool to have a swim then we went to bed and the next day we went on a lake crouse and saw heps of crocs.