Today what we did was made a robot which by the way was a great experience. It was my first time actually building a robot. The whole thing was a great success and a pretty simple task. I thought it would be hard. But then again I have never built a robot before so don’t blame me. It wasn’t the people I exactly chose but then I realized you don’t need your friends in a group with you. Because you won’t work as well. That is why I think I worked well and didn’t get distracted. But besides that it was all fun.
we were working on a specific type of code it is called psuocode. It can be used to program a robot what we did was went on micro worlds and used the psudocode to move the turtle around. And then eventually we had to do the initials of our name which was had but easy at the same time. Because my initials are AS but it was good knowing how to use psudocode.
We had a purpose today and it was to focus on a table in our classroom. What we did is made a program for our robot there was one challenge we had to do and in that challenge we had 3 tasks to which were degrees seconds and rotations . Here is a video on it.
Today we had a second challenge to do and that was to go around a baseball diamond. I tried that challenge and I was pretty successful. really the only bit about it was that you had to get the 90 degree turns right.
today we were focusing on a attachment to our robot called a light sensor and our task for it was to make it so that when it sees a different colour than white it stops and does something else.
I was working on the ultrasonic sensor it was a very unique sensor to work a use I did not no most of the things that you could use on the ultrasonic sensor.
Now in robotics what we have been focusing on. Is a program for our robots to follow a black line. In our group and most of the other groups it was successful to make the program. First we had to make shore it could follow a straight black line then we could try it on a line that went around in a oval. for me it did both tasks and it was successful. Here is a picture of the program.
The hardest part of the challenge was to make it so when ever it see sees black it has to do something. But then when we got shown to use a loop brick, comment brick and switch brick it made a lot more sense. The only line that we know it worked best on is the black line. Because that was the only line we experimented on. In the first challenge 1 before we got shown or told anything. What we had to change is the amount of turning when it sees the black line.
Today we had to do a program using colour sensor and touch sensor. The program had to follow a black line and when the touch sensor is pushed the program had to stop. For me it was quite challenging to make it follow a line and also make it so when the touch sensor is pushed the program has stop. My program was so when black line is seen by the colour sensor it turns left and goes forward. Then when touch sensor is pushed program has to stop.