Geelong, For kids, By kids

This term we have been working on a film for Tracy from Geelong Tourism. We had to create a promo film called Geelong, For kids, By kids. First we started off by analyzing the films on the Geelong Tourism’s Youtube. Then we had the challenge of working out the filming locations. There were lots of places like Barwon Heads, Torquay, The Waterfront and many more. We all brainstormed filming locations in small groups on a piece of paper. Then from there the teachers decided that 6C would Film at Eastern Beach, 6B would film at Leisure link and Hill Mountain Bike park, And 6A(I saved the best ’till last) would film at Supa Tramp, The general Torquay Area and Bells Beach. Then came the Groups. I was with Tom as my filming partner and I was sharing my footage with Clara and Lulu. Then I did the Planning (Tom away away for most of this). I put my props and shotlist into a word document. For those who don’t know a shotlist is a list of shots that you will take. Then came the Filming. When we went to Supa Tramp the driver went the long way so we ended up with 45 minutes of filming instead of an hour. We were pretty productive at Supa Tramp and got 5 minutes of free play time at the end. Then we went to Torquay the next day. First the bus dropped us off at the surfcoast shire sports grounds and we filmed some footy and soccer, as well as Tom’s RC car. When we finished our filming we went back to the bus to find no bus driver! Apparently he was at the toilet but I suspect he was actually on Pokémon Go! After we found the bus driver we went to Point Danger. We walked to the beach (sadly we weren’t allowed to swim of surf ) and we did a fair bit of filming. Then we walked/skated over to Cozy corner for recess. I also climbed a really cool tree to get some gopro footage. Then we went over to Torquay play park to get some more footage. Then after that the bus drove us to Torquay skate park. We got some pretty good footage but it was hard to skate around with 23 kids kicking soccer balls around, bailing their skateboards and driving ollies literally  straight into your skateboard wheels. Then we walked over to the surf shops and took some nice shots. After that we looked for ICECREAM!!!!! We looked everywhere but nowhere had ice cream so than we went to macca’s to get McFlurries!!! Finally we went over to Bells Beach. The surf wasn’t great but we still got very good shots. Then as soon as we got back to school we put all our footage onto our laptops. Now came the editing stage. First I had to clear 19.93 Gigabytes on my laptop. Then I pieced together my film bit by bit. Once we had finished our first draft w got other people to watch our films and give feedback. Then w took on that feedback and used it to improve our films. Now the teachers are choosing the best 2 films from each class to give to our client.

One thought on “Geelong, For kids, By kids