What I learnt this week – Week 4, Term 3

Maths: This week in maths we did problem solving. The question was about an intercom system that was installed into a school. There are 20 classrooms 1 office and 2 staffrooms. If each room is connected individually, how many connections are there in total. At first i got 506 23*22=506 but then I thought about it deeper and realised that it was actually 253 because if each room is connected individually  then room 1 would have 22 connections but then room 2 would have 21 connections because it is already connected to room 1 which means that room 3 has to have 20 connections and so on. I used this equation to figure it out: 22+21+20+19+18+17+16+15+14+13=12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+0=253. If you look closely you will see that the equation has exactly 23 numbers, the same number as the rooms. I added the 0 because that is the 23rd room which connects to no other rooms.

English: This week in English I conferenced a piece called ‘black’ which was about ┬ábeing chased by an unknown creature in the middle of the night. i went in wanting a word to describe the outside of a corner and i came out with the word ‘cryptic’. I am publishing it now.

Inquiry: This week in inquiry we have been on our shotlists for ‘Geelong by kids for kids’. My partner, Tom has been away so I’ve got to do it all by myself which wasn’t a problem because I know Torquay and supatramp well. We hve to hand it in to miss Torney tomorrow morning.