This term all of year 6 have been working on a project…
Zoo conservation film!!
This was the brief outline we were given:
- choose 1 animal out of 10 to be your chosen animal to do a film on.
- research – find out as many facts as you can about your animal
- Script-put together a rough script
- Feedback- get feedback from 3 reliable sources on your script
- Decide which line you will do your PTC (Piece to camera) on.
- ZOO!-Go to the zoo and film your animal, and film you PTC.
- Edit-put your footage and photos into corel or adobe and your PTC.
- Voice overs-do your voice overs and add it into your film.
- Feedback-get feedback on your first copy, then final draft feedback.
And the animal i chose was…
THE TASMANIAN DEVIL!!!
here are the stages we went trough..
- Excursion to the zoo
- The tasmanian devil is nocturnal (which means that they are active at night, not day) so we did not get much footage of him.
- I had trouble getting my voice over right, I kept making mistakes until I decided to make my PTC shorter so i could memorize it.
What did I enjoy…
- I loved going to the zoo, because i had not been to the melbourne zoo before, so it was really exciting to see all the different animals.
- I enjoyed doing the voice overs because it was not hard to do them and they turned out better that expected.
Here is some feedback people gave me on my final copy…
– I really liked your choice of words and the facts you included-Callan
I really like your script because I feel like it really connects with the audience -sophie
your voice over was really good and the imagery was very impactful. -Mikayla
really good voice overs and great matching music – Emily fry
I really liked all of the voiceovers – Barnaby
Your voice was clear and the facts made you care. – Abbi
I agree with Abbi, your film makes you really care about the animal and do something about it. – Georgie
I love your start. You hooked me in straight away. Your facts are great and your voice overs are consistent. I think you explained the threats really well, and I think it was powerful when you linked it with the tasmanian tiger- Emmy
Your music, facts and PTC were all really good and I agree with Emmy. – Emmaline
this is great the message in here is very strong well done- harriette
I think the pictures really fit your message and your music, your P.T.C. was really good, well done!-Mary B.
Your information is really great and the emotion is great.-Camilla
your message is really clear and you have great footage-elsie
good pictures your message is really clear – Jesse
I liked how you put out your message really well and I also I liked the music that you put in too. This video was really well done! -Georgina
And here is my film…
(hope you enjoy!)