Digi-AU proposal

For my Digi this term I am going to play Hallelujah on my cello.

When I was on YouTube and I came across a boy named Séverin Wernli who had written a song for cellos (Hallelujah). He said in the description that if anyone wanted the music we can email him. We emailed him and about a year later (Last week) he emailed me the music. I have been learning it over the holidays. We contacted Noah Gray (From year 8) to ask if he could help me record because he has a recording booth thingy. Once I have recorded it I am going to find some where to film myself playing the song and then match it up with the good quality audio. I was thinking like a church or something. I am hoping to stick to my plan through out the whole term and maybe make a few changes. To challenge myself even more I am going to use a different editing app like premier are something and I am going to try and memorize the music so when I film it in the church or wherever there wont be a music stand in the middle.

Image result for cello recording

5 Comments on Digi-AU proposal

1. Mr Henderson
    October 13, 2016 at 8:43 am (3 years ago)

There are some fantastic ideas in your Digi project. It’s great that you’ve already made connections with different people. You’ve got the right idea about recording it in a quiet, peaceful place (with great acoustics). Are you just recording the audio or will it be film as well?

2. Campbell Drain
    October 13, 2016 at 10:45 am (3 years ago)

Are you going to play in a church with lots of other people watching or just by yourself?

3. Ellie
    October 13, 2016 at 10:47 am (3 years ago)

I really like this idea, also it’s really good that you are doing thing with people from other year levels

4. Ella Panek-Mitchell

Your idea sounds awesome! I like how you will be using Premier instead of Corel. My question is….
    Will you just be recording audio, or will you be making a film to go with it?

5. Clara
    October 13, 2016 at 10:49 am (3 years ago)

wow Soph,
    this sounds great!! Its pretty cool how you have emailed him already this will be great!!
    yeah, like Campbell said will there be people watching you in the church or where ever you will be playing??