Promotion Film

advertising-film-shotlist

This term we started a promotion film, Geelong by kids for kids. First we got an email from a lady called Tracey who works at a place who promote the Geelong and the Bellarine, she asked us if we could all make a film for the, so that they can put it on their website. Of course we wanted to! So we all got to work, to start off we got into small groups and wrote down a list of places where kids like us would love to go in Geelong. Once everyone had written down some places the teachers sat down and narrowed the locations down to 4 different areas.  Then they allocated each class a different area/areas. 6A- Torquay- Supa-Tramp, Skate park, Beach and park 6B- Waurn Ponds- Leisure Link, Balyang Sanctuary, 6C- Geelong- Geelong waterfront, skate park and Carousal. Then we all got into a group of 6 [ 2 people from each class] so that we could use the film from each of our partners class. My partner was Emma, from 6A we had Callan and Barnaby and from 6B we had Emmy and Evie. The next step was to make a “Shot list”. We had to plan what we wanted to film and what type of shot we wanted to use. Eg. T.S (Tracking shot) of bike rider riding down the stairs. Finally the teachers had everything set and we were ready to go, on the Tuesday 6A went to Supa tramp. They were the only class to go somewhere on that day because they wanted to go to Torquay for the whole day. They thought that if they did both on the same day it would be really rushed and they probably wouldn’t get much footage. So Supa tramp let them go Tuesday morning before they opened to the public! Then on Wednesday all the classes set off to their designated places, we all went to each place/Area for around 10-15 minutes depending on what/how big the place is/was. After a great day of filming we went back to school and dumped all our footage onto out computers. The teachers managed to get 12 USB’s, One for each group of 6. This made it really easy for everyone in each group to get there footage together. Then we put all our footage onto corel and started editing. I was getting really frustrated with corel because it is a really laggy program so to watch what I had edited I had to keep on rendering it! When we were happy with our first draft, all the year 6’s went around to everyone’s computer and give people some feedback so that at the end of the session each year six would have at least five comments/feedback. Then we re-edited it taking onboard the feedback that we got. Finally when we finished our final draft, we had another feedback session. When we our sheets with all the feedback back I had seen that people thought that I had defiantly improved from my first draft. Then we gave our film to the teachers so that they can chose a few of the best films to send off to the client. Even if my film doesn’t get chosen, I still think it was a great experience. Here is my completed film.