What can you tell me about Rube Goldberg?
Due Friday 5th May.
Some things you might like to include:
- A short biography (story of his life)
- When he was born?
- Where he lived?
- Information about his family
- What kind of person was he? (his personality)
- What he was like as a child?
- Information about his achievements
- What was his occupation?
- Did he do something significant? If so, what?
- How did he become famous?
- Can you find a picture of him?
- Can you find a video of him or his machine?
- What can you find out about Rube Goldberg machines?
- Is he connected to Rube Goldberg machines?
- What were his influences? Where did he get his ideas from?
- How did people find out about his inventions?
- Did he have any other inventions?
- What impact have his inventions had?
- What can we learn from him?
- You may wish to include a timeline.
Some formats you may wish to present your work in:
- A power point presentation (max. 10 slides)
- Film (max. 3 minutes)
- Magazine article (max. double page) Use MS Word or MS Publisher
- Poster, booklet
- Podcast (max. 3 minutes)
- Interview (max. 3 minutes)
- Another presentation tool (Sway, Adobe Spark Video)
You must include a reference list. This includes the heading and site URL of the websites you used to inform the work on your project.
This week, we have begun examining roller coasters. We are finding out how and why they work.
Here are some videos about the physics of rollercoasters:
Here are some videos to help you understand more about kinetic and potential energy: